Friday, May 15, 2009

i kinda miss you rexburg


Let's go back a little bit shall we? Two years ago I lived in La Jolla apartments with three of my dearest friends in the universe. Two of those dear friends were getting a growing obsession with and helplessly bending the back of a completely (then) unknown novel called "Twilight". A book, at the time, I claimed was stupid, lame, and vowed I would never ever read it because of what it did to them. A book that had two of my roommates gasping and going crazy because they couldn't read fast enough. A book that drove me crazy because of their craziness for it. Fast forward two years and those pages, then stiff, are now thin and crinkled. A book that will always remind me of the dear and fun times I had with my roommates in good old Rexburg.

I'm planning a trip back to Rexburg - just for a quick visit. I am so excited to go and visit that  place. With the planning of this little trip I've thought about what it will feel like to drive that familiar highway. How it will feel to see the Rexburg Temple standing tall on the hill, still miles out of town. How it will feel to drive through those familiar streets, see places where I have lived and grown so much. I've thought about Barnes Hall, Nauvoo House, and good old Lamprecht Hall. I've thought about campus and how much it has changed in the short time I've been away. I've thought about SSE, the growing experiences and countless things I learned about myself, others, and most importantly the Savior. I think of roommates, boyfriends, classes, activities, and jobs I've had, loved, and not loved ;) but all of them shaping me into who I am now. I don't know how it will feel to be back and not belong. 



Some things about Rexburg will never change. Things like snow covering the ground more than half the year. Wind e-v-e-r-y-day. Clean checks and white glove. Up hill both ways - to class and home - how it works, I'll never ever understand it. However, it's the things have have changed that make me sad to go back. Things like roommate dinners every night, quick trips with all 5 roommates piling into a car to run to Walmart. Ice skating for FHE and apartment prayers (sure do love ya!) 


Jamba runs with Jenn, Brandi, and Lindsay. Things like Ali taking days in walmart to do her grocery shopping. Crossing the "frozen deseret" and still being late and having to "sign in". Things like Jaimie being so loud and intrusive.. opening the door during goodnight kisses. AWKWARD! (hahahaha) Things like Shan and Melly reading in our room about Edward saving Bella from unimaginables.. bad guys in Port Angeles, potential and evolving warewolves, and bad vampires. Something I used to hate, but wish I could return to.


4 comments:

  1. haha you know what's really funny? I remember Meli telling me all about Twilight and telling me I should read it and me saying..."Um Ok"...never really intending to read it, sorry Mel! Now I'm almost done with the fourth book (took me a while to get started!)!!!
    So I'm loud and intrusive am I? Can I help it if I'm tall, have short hair, and don't know how to whisper?...I miss those good ol' days too...where did they go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Britti! How I love your happy smiling face and our many good times! Now that I am married I thought, sweet, I have everything I always wanted, but the one things I miss most from time to time is our crazy times. Let's make a pact to get together once a year until we are old and falling apart! Even when we have kiddos. We will all get together and be us! Love your face and can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you've joined the blogging world. I've enjoyed reading the past few entries. As for this last one...I kinda miss Rexburg too...and Provo. SAD thing is, it will never feel the same again, no matter how many times you go back and visit. Thank goodness for memories! Have fun on your trip...BE good and BE safe. Say hello to Rexburg for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany house...I have a blog now...I haven't posted anything on it yet, but I am going to ASAP!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete