Friday, June 26, 2009

Fun in Utah


This is a continuation of the blog previous.. I never really finished up my travels and how sad day is this??? I'm sure Shananagan and Jenn are a little bit passed the point of anger.. maybe even to the plotting stage? Who knows? So here we go my loves! Here is the rest of my story.

Driving from Idaho to Utah was a NIGHTMARE. I was not happy. I was not having fun. I was not driving 75 on the hwy, no no.. I wasn't driving 50 or even 40 mph. I was tubbing along at a "brisk" 35 mph speed. Why? There was a massively massive and humungus storm a raging. It was scary. It was dark and windy. It was raining and lightening. And I was NOT smiling. Normally I love storms, but this was not one of those times. I was actually crying. So it was literally a sad sad day/night. I finally made it to Utah and Shannon and I were finally able to be friends again. ;) She had the house to herself and so we were partyin it up college graduate style. Complete with PJ's, brushed teeth and Shan's face washed.. we sat on the couch at watched a P-90 X Info-mercial. It was actually a pretty good one. (Oh, and PS Shan.. I found out it really works. A girl at work told me.) We watched that for a whole .. oh I don't know 15 minutes and then we went to bed. I fell RIGHT asleep. I don't really even remember getting into bed. All the sudden I woke up. mm. Love nights like that.

We woke up and of course, had to hit up facebook and talk about people that we used to know. Some that we're glad we no longer do.. and others we wish we could still be friends with. We watched music videos, and talked and talked. She showed me a very precious love video that I am so determined to have one of me and my love done one day. Ask me about it and I'll show ya what the world I'm talking about. Then we got ready to go and ... we went SHOPPING!!! We went to Downeast.. which is a goldmine for cheap clothes. I bought some True Religion jeans there... but they were boy's kind so I took them back. I had no idea!! I just knew they were a bit gappier than I think those jeans are meant to fit. Ah well. Then Shannon and I went to the Mall and we both did some shopping. Me for shoes (I just can't help it) and Shannon for cute tops. She ALWAYS has cute tops. I bought some whoa so cute zebra heels that I can't match with anything. They were only 6.99 and they are sassy and they make me feel so good. I really heart them a ton. They don't even give me blisters, which is a mega bonus.. except they make my toes cry so I don't wear them everyday.

Shannon and I finished up our fun outings with lunch at BAJIOS! It was so so delishioso!! I hadn't eaten there since I was in Rexburg over a year ago and there was one in Layton. She even ordered the Queso Dip. (as bro pyper says.. so good you could drink that stuff) Well, we didn't drink it, but we did taste it and we did like it. A lot. :D This completed our fun time together and I got ready to go head to my sisters casa for a couple of hours.


Some things that I love about Shannon. She is the biggest reason why I stayed up at BYU-Idaho after my first semester. She was patient with me and helped me to look on the bright side of things when all I wanted to see were reasons why I needed to go back to Oakdale. I love Shannon because she is so good at being happy and so good at being a fun friend. She is friendly and thoughtful and through the best and funnest of times all the way through to the worst of times - and yes we did have a few of those. (wink) She truly is one of the greatest girls I have ever known. I love Shannon for always loving me.

I visted my sister Jenn and her family for only about 5 hours but it was a blast. I love my sister Jenn. She is pretty rockin. She was always the sister that would bring me home some soda or something from town.. which I always thought was so cool when I was young. I mean now it's great too, but it was so fun to be her little sister. I met up with her at Target and she introduced me to a bunch of people she knows there. She spends so much time there that she can introduce me by name to the workers there. How embarrassing!!! hahaha... except she works there so I guess it's okay. I wish that Jenn and Sipa lived closer to Oakdale. I mean, I'm sure I already have this title with them anyway, but how is the Best Aunt in the World supposed to have full reign if she doesn't live near two of her favorites!!!? C'mon Jenn and Sipa! Move home!! I had a blast of a trip. I loved almost every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment