Sunday, August 2, 2009

i miss him already

if you don't want mushy, stop reading this post now, cause this blog tonight is all about that boy i call tom. tonight is the first night where he is officially living in fresno. it's a sad night indeed. normally on sunday nights we eat dinner, dessert, play games, watch a couple of recorded ti-vo shows, lay on the trampoline and star gaze, tell stories about the past, talk about what's going on now, and our dreams of the future. normally we will hang out with cortney and jacen, my family, or my grandparents and laugh and play games.

so that boy i know has officially moved to fresno. i'm having a harder time of it than i thought i would. i am comforted by the knowledge that he is only about an hour and a half away.. however, it makes me so sad to know that because of the awkward distance, i can't just go visit him for a couple of hours on my day off. it's a little bit too far away for that. as i was gearing up for him leaving i started to really think about things that i admire about tom; trying to take advantage of him while he was here and not having the common "wish i would have realized sooner" kind of regrets. here are some things about tom that i can tell ya right now that i'm going to miss.

i'm going to miss just being with him. simple, everyday errands that we run, our long chit chats, or chat chits as we call them.. :) i am going to miss running up to him when we finally get together and feeling his arms wrap around me as we hug. i am going to miss the safe and secure feeling i get when i know he's there. i feel so comfortable and happy with tom. i'm really going to miss his little face.



i am also going to miss tom's "man"ness. tom and i have talked about the gun laws, politics, gender issues, sports, religion, family, and countless other topics. i have commented to him multiple times how "manly" is opinions are. he makes me laugh so hard at some of his views; and some of them are pretty strong! i love that he really cares about things going on in our world. i love that he isn't a wimp about his ideals. i love that he is taller than me with my tallest high heels, i love that his arm muscles slighty flex unconsciously when i touch them. i love watching him with his determined look on his face. he's got a plan, and he's going for it. i love playing sports with him - soccer and bowling are the only one's so far, but many more to come i'm sure. i love that he wanted to pick me up and twirl me around in his arms but waited til i felt more comfortable.

this picture is of when tom and his brother in law aaron came out to the ranch to help us get rid of some squirrels. now he may not ever be an "annie oakley" but as i understand it, he had 6 shots and a death toll of 5. way to go babe! haha. i feel a tad bit redneck by saying that, but i'm proud!!




i am going to miss his kisses. simple sentence, lots to feeling to it. tom sets my heart in motion when he kisses me. my cheek, hand, nose, or lips - doesn't matter. my heart goes racing and it makes me realize why our faces have lips. to kiss. enough said.. i'm going to miss those kisses.

tom is so goofy. i am going to miss his random happy quirkiness. he makes me laugh harder than anyone in the whole world. he has such a crazy imagination and it always makes for interesting moments. we could be playing cards, walking around, driving around, sitting around, whatever.. and suddenly he'll just pop off with some goofy comment. and sometimes he speaks in a scary man voice to top it off. its just so funny. now here are just a few of some silly little things that we say back and forth that i will miss...
~how embarrassing.
~okay! have a nice life!!
~ (the famous) wah wah!
~ ow my entire life!!
~ Get in the dirt!!!
~bits of glass muffin.. mf mf owww!
~ jack bauer from 24 moments


like i said at the beginning, i'm so glad fresno is only two hours away, but i'm sad it's so far away. so lame!! adding up all of these things and more that i'm not mentioning i guess its easiest to combine everything into a couple ending sentences. i am going to miss my partner in crime, my star gazing pal, my secrets saver, the one i feel the safest with, my adventure-going buddy and my dream maker. i'm going to miss my best friend, that boy i call tom.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tom...sounds like you're really missed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! YOu two are so fun together!! CAn't wait to see you two this weekend!

    ReplyDelete